Hire Joe Leech for Product Strategy and UX
- Product Design Strategy and UX consultant with 14 years of experience with startups and large companies & organisations
- Wrote a book Psychology for Designers and speaks at international conferences and writes on UX
- Led large-scale UX and product design projects for clients like Disney, eBay, Marriott and more
- Specialist in product design & strategy, digital business planning & transformation, user research (UK and international), information architecture, wireframing and prototype development
- One of the Nicest People in Digital ®
- Based in Bristol, UK (frequently in London, sometimes in NYC, always on Skype)
1. Insights from Research
From user research to remote testing to ethnography to eye tracking to questionnaires. I know the right technique to get actionable insights.
- Ask me about leading Marriott’s international UX research programme.
2. UX, IA and interaction design
From design workshops to sketches to wireframes and prototypes. I can help take an idea from inception to reality. Every year £5.3 billion goes through my designs.
- Ask me about the redesign of MoneySupermarket’s credit card channel. From idea to launch in 3 months and double digit sales increase.
3. Product strategy
Taking the research insights, design solutions, business insight to help develop a product roadmap and make sure the right stuff gets done in the right order.
- Ask me about being a product manager for theTrainline’s European train booking engine.
I specialise in
Training workshops and UX mentoring
I can train, mentor and support your existing (or new) UX team. I used to be a school teacher so know how to get ideas across. I’ve managed teams of UX consultants and designers at all levels.
Ask me about the UX University I ran for the award winning AO.com.
Challenging digital projects
I can support you through a big digital project including developing the business case and setting KPIs, choosing a design agency / tech provider / system integrator, planning & hiring a team, redesigning and re-platforming, planning & agile, prioritising features and just getting stuff launched.
Ask me about Disney’s responsive European rollout.
I’ve researched and designed in 38 countries. I know the ins and outs of e-commerce in Brazil, mobile design in India, the right order of European countries for a new design roll out and lots more. More on International UX service from me.
Ask me about the 18 countries I’ve done work in for Marriott and double digit million dollar increase for an Arabic website.
I have led UX projects in the following sectors
Travel: Marriott, theTrainline.com, Ritz Carlton, Hotels.com, Avis, LateRooms.com, Virgin Trains, Saga Travel, VisitCornwall.com, First Choice, Bristol Airport, Gatwick Airport, Saco, HomeAway and others.
Financial services: Barclaycard, Barclays, GoCompare, MoneySupermarket.com, Experian, Co-operative Bank, Natwest, Cofunds, Macquarie, Invesco Perpetual, Axa and Directline.
eCommerce / Retail:giffgaff, eBay, Pearson Cycles, Appliances Online (AO.com), Clarks, Mothercare, Tesco, Vodafone and Wiggle.
Education / University: Raspberry Pi, University of Bristol, I spoke at the Online Media in Higher Education conference on tips to attract international students
Government: ONS, Bristol City Council, the Planning Portal, RUThinking (sexual health for teenagers), the Royal Mint and more.
B2B: Alfresco, SSE Telecoms, SACO, WalkMe and more.
Automotive: SEAT, RAC, Jaguar, Peugeot, eBay motors and Lexus.
FMCG / Consumer goods: Glenfiddich, Guinness, Philadelphia, Veet (yes, really), Finish dishwasher tablets, Levitra (yes, really) and many more.
Charity and Membership:Museum of Modern Art NYC, Watershed, Oxfam, Mensa and the Kennel Club.