I help you plan & build measurably better digital products & services
- Product Design Strategy and UX consultant with 15 years of experience with startups and large companies & organisations
- Wrote a book Psychology for Designers and keynote speaker at international conferences and writes on Product Strategy and UX
- Led large-scale product design and UX projects for clients like Disney, eBay, Marriott, MoneySupermarket and more
- Worked with multiple start-ups from idea to launch
- Worked with high growth, post series A companies to scale fast
- No-nonsense support and advice to make your product measurably better
- One of the Nicest People in Digital ®, also comes with one of the nicest dogs in the industry. Listen to me on the Mind the Product podcast
- Based in Bristol, UK (frequently in London, sometimes in NYC, always on Zoom and Slack)
Get in touch and let’s talk (the first consultation is of course free)
I can help with:
I can help get you to launch of a new website / app or plan a programme of changes to radically improve an existing product.
- Get you from idea to launch through user / market research, product planning and UX design
- Define the product vision and develop the product strategy
- Innovate by identifying unmet user needs an planning a new product to meet them
- Develop a business case, develop a product roadmap and plan a programme of work
- Work through a challenging complex problem space to define and develop a new product
Experienced, pragmatic coaching, training and consultancy.
- Digital Product Consigliere – coaching, advice, support and help for product owners and executives
- Psychology UX & Product Design and Jobs to be Done training workshops to help supercharge your product team
- Recruit, train, mentor and support your existing (or new) product team.
- Product and UX consultancy to help do the right things in the right order for the right reasons
Fast, pragmatic advice and support to recover quickly
- You have relaunched / changed something and the numbers are down
- Your shareholders / your boss are “very concerned” about a recent product change
- The relationship with your product team or agency is breaking down
- Your team are struggling to deliver
- An international product / site / team is struggling
I’m available immediately to help you get out of a difficult situation.
I have worked across the following sectors
Travel: Marriott, theTrainline.com, Ritz Carlton, Hotels.com, Avis, Seatfrog, Virgin Trains, Saga Travel, VisitCornwall.com, First Choice, Bristol Airport, Sawdays, Gatwick Airport, Saco, HomeAway and others.
Financial services: Barclaycard, Barclays, GoCompare, MoneySupermarket.com, Experian, Co-operative Bank, Natwest, Cofunds, Macquarie, Invesco Perpetual, Axa and Directline.
eCommerce / Retail: giffgaff, eBay, Pearson Cycles, Appliances Online (AO.com), Clarks, Mothercare, Tesco, Vodafone and Wiggle.
Education / University: Raspberry Pi, University of Bristol, I spoke at the Online Media in Higher Education conference on tips to attract international students
Government: ONS, Bristol City Council, the Planning Portal, RUThinking (sexual health for teenagers), the Royal Mint and more.
B2B: Alfresco, SSE Telecoms, SACO, WalkMe and more.
Automotive: SEAT, RAC, Jaguar, Peugeot, eBay motors and Lexus.
FMCG / Consumer goods: Glenfiddich, Guinness, Philadelphia, Veet (yes, really), Finish dishwasher tablets, Levitra (yes, really) and many more.
Charity and Membership: Shaw Trust, Museum of Modern Art NYC, Watershed, Oxfam, Mensa and the Kennel Club.