I’ve run UX research and design projects in Asia, Europe, US, Africa and South America, 38 countries in total and know how to address many of the common international UX challenges.
Examples of activities I can help with:
- Launching into a new market. The research and resulting UX and design changes to meet local market needs
- Product design support to build in international / global product feature from the start
- Underperforming international sites. Both quick fixes and long term product changes
- Advice and support for running a website or app internationally
- Specific advice about cultural and design needs for many countries in the world
- Designing for right to left languages like Arabic and Hebrew
- Using the three types of alphabet in Japan and how to design for Pinyin text entry in China
- International product strategy. Designing for both country and language (knowing the difference between Brazilian Portuguese, South American Spanish, which languages to use in India and the Chinese spoken across South East Asia)
How I work
I’ve run international UX research and design projects in Asia, Europe, US, Africa and South America, 38 countries in total. I work with a network of trusted UX partners built up over the course of 10 years of working on international project with clients like eBay, Disney, Marriott and Wiggle.com.
I can identify the most common UX challenges in any given country and offer quick guidance to address these issues. We’ll work directly with the partner in-country giving you the latest thinking from someone who understands UX for that country.
Get in touch
For more details or advice on international user experience get in touch.