Working with Joe
👋 Hi, I’m Joe and I supercharge leaders, the business and the products and services they create
I’m with you every step of the way. We work together to:
- Set a vision for where you want and need to be
- Create a strategy; setting smart objectives, goals, benchmarks & measures
- Create a plan, remove roadblocks, build alignment & trust; we get there fast
- Build personal and organisational courage to make the leaps you need to make and not hold back
- Help you get out of your own way and understand the same attributes that got you where you are today could be holding you back
- Together we do great things
Let’s arrange a time to talk. We can chat about your challenges; be that leadership, strategy, transition or just talk about that first step you need to take.
I help to:
I coach leaders to shape the organisation, the team and themselves along the way to create world leading, user focused, tech products & services.
Together we set the big vision, build confidence and develop a strategic plan to get there.
I coach in true sense of the word. Helping you make better choices, make the leaps you need to make. Together we measurably improve everything that you do.
Transitions and moments of truth
Transitions in businesses are most commonly associated with a round of funding, a pivot, hiring senior management or an exit. They usually represent step changes in an entrepreneur’s life and business.
Here’s the thing. They can be scary. The strengths and skills that got you to this point can be the same things that hold you back from thriving during and after the transition.
Together we can approach your transition point and help you take control of the unknown.
Feel in positive control of transition rather than the transition controlling you.
Growth without the growing pains
Growth can be exciting, scary and everything in between. I can help you:
- Moving from a founder to a leader, building a team and building trust
- Optimising for growth and uncovering what might stall that growth
- Bringing 15 years of experience to help you shortcut and make the right decisions
- I bring both B2C and B2B experience
He’s a very knowledgeable and engaging communicator, who clearly demonstrated the value of his thinking and how we could apply it to our product research and design. I would recommend him as a mentor or coach to any team interested in improving the rigour of their decision making process. – Neil Gardiner, Head of Product Design, gohenry
- A trusted adviser and executive coach working with CEOs
- Fifteen+ years working for some of the world’s highest performing tech, FTSE100 and Fortune500 companies with $20b in revenue directly going through the products I worked on
- Worked with multiple start-ups from idea to MVP to seed funding, to launch, to series A, B and C to IPO and acquisition
- Everything I do comes from my background in Psychology; BSc in Neuroscience, MSc in Human Communication and I’ve written a book on psychology
- One of the Nicest People in Tech®, I also come with one of the nicest dogs in the industry
- Keynote speaker at leading tech conferences like Mind the Product, Business of Software and eCommerce Summit
- A crazy journey as a founder, raising a funding round and giving it back. All for the right reasons
I have worked across the following sectors
Fintech / Insuretech: GoHenry, Barclaycard, Barclays, GoCompare, MoneySupermarket.com, Experian, Co-operative Bank, Natwest, Cofunds, Macquarie, Invesco Perpetual, Axa and Directline.
Travel: Marriott, theTrainline.com, Ritz Carlton, Hotels.com, Avis, Seatfrog, Virgin Trains, Saga Travel, VisitCornwall.com, First Choice, Bristol Airport, Sawdays, Gatwick Airport, Saco, HomeAway and others.
eCommerce / Retail: giffgaff, eBay, Pearson Cycles, Appliances Online (AO.com), Clarks, Mothercare, Tesco, Vodafone and Wiggle.
B2B: Alfresco, SSE Telecoms, SACO, WalkMe and more.
Automotive: SEAT, RAC, Jaguar, Peugeot, eBay motors and Lexus.
CPG / Consumer goods: Glenfiddich, Guinness, Philadelphia, Veet (yes, really), Finish dishwasher tablets, Levitra (yes, really) and many more.
Charity and Membership: Shaw Trust, Museum of Modern Art NYC, Watershed, Oxfam, Mensa and the Kennel Club.