Working with me
I’m Joe Leech and I coach leaders and founders to shape the organisation, the team and themselves along the way to create world leading, user focused, tech products & services.
Together we set the big vision, build confidence and develop a strategic plan to get there.
I coach in true sense of the word. Helping you make better choices, make the leaps you need to make, we measurably improve everything that you do.
Through a combination of smart future planning, confidence building, up-skilling and road-block removal we can do amazing things together.
- A start-up founder looking to
- Set a really big vision, build confidence and a create a strategic plan to get there
- Get from idea to revenue generating product
- Attract crowd, angel, VC or PE funding
- A scale-up founder with growth in mind
- Build a high performing team and business
- Dealing with the founder’s curse. Trying to do everything yourself
- Become a leader and step back from the minutiae
- Get some work-life balance and avoid burn-out
- CEO / CPO / CTO with drive but no time
- A desire to set a really big vision, build confidence and a create a strategic plan to get there
- Too busy in the day to day to make great strides forward
- Dissatisfied with bland, management-consultancy-cookie-cutter “strategy” and feeling the need to be bold
- Wanting better work-life balance and to avoid burn-out
- Fifteen+ years working for some of the world’s highest performing tech, FTSE100 and Fortune500 companies
- Worked with multiple start-ups from idea to MVP to seed funding, to launch, to series A, B and C to IPO and acquisition
- I have a background in Psychology: BSc in Neuroscience, MSc in Human Communication and Computing and I’ve written a book on psychology
- One of the Nicest People in Tech®, I also come with one of the nicest dogs in the industry
- Keynote speaker at leading tech conferences like Mind the Product, Business of Software and eCommerce Summit
- More on my tech, product and UX background: skills and experience
I’ve worked with leaders and teams at the following:
Financial services: Barclaycard, Barclays, GoCompare, MoneySupermarket.com, Experian, Co-operative Bank, Natwest, Cofunds, Macquarie, Invesco Perpetual, Axa and Directline.
Travel: Marriott, theTrainline.com, Ritz Carlton, Hotels.com, Avis, Seatfrog, Virgin Trains, Saga Travel, VisitCornwall.com, First Choice, Bristol Airport, Sawdays, Gatwick Airport, Saco, HomeAway and others.
eCommerce / Retail: Shopify, giffgaff, eBay, AO.com, Dyson, VoucherCloud, Clarks, Tesco, Vodafone and Wiggle.
B2B: HotJar, Alfresco, Hyland, SSE Telecoms, SACO and more.
Automotive: SEAT, RAC, Jaguar, Peugeot, eBay motors and Lexus.
CPG / Consumer goods: Glenfiddich, Guinness, Philadelphia, Veet (yes, really), Finish dishwasher tablets, Levitra (yes, really) and many more.
Charity and Membership: Shaw Trust, Museum of Modern Art NYC, Watershed, Oxfam, Mensa and the Kennel Club.
Joe is a key player in the Mind the Product community, and through his talks, workshops, and mentoring has given hundreds of product teams the insights, confidence, and skills to create world leading digital products. – Martin Eriksson, Co-founder, Mind the Product
I have had the privilege of working with Joe for five years on various projects around the world. Over the years, he has transitioned from vendor to partner to trusted friend. He has taken time to really understand our business, our strengths/weaknesses and the global marketplace to generate actionable insights. If you need strategic thought or tactical research, anywhere in the world, Joe is your guy. – Ken Kellogg, Sr Director, Marriott
An outstanding coach and product expert. As a coach Joe was quick to understand the team, what we were trying to achieve and helped us get there. Anyone that gets a chance to work with Joe should definitely take it. – Evie Brockwell, Senior Product Manger, Booking.com
He’s a very knowledgeable and engaging communicator, who clearly demonstrated the value of his thinking and how we could apply it to our product research and design. I would recommend him as a mentor or coach to any team interested in improving the rigour of their decision making process. – Neil Gardiner, Head of Product Design, gohenry