Trusted Adviser and Coach
I’m Joe Leech and I coach leaders and founders to shape the organisation, the team and themselves along the way to create world leading, customer focused, tech products & services.
Together we set the big vision, build confidence and develop a strategic plan to get there.
I coach in true sense of the word. Helping you make better choices, make the leaps you need to make, we measurably improve everything that you do.
Through a combination of smart future planning, confidence building, up-skilling and road-block removal we can do amazing things together.
Get in touch and let’s arrange a time to talk. I will set aside 90 minutes (free of course) so we really get to understand each other and how we can work together.
Get in touch:
A Start-up Founder
- Set a big vision, build confidence and a create a strategic plan to get there
- Build a team, build a product and build a business
- Build confidence and clarity to attract crowd, angel, VC & PE funding
- Get from idea to revenue generating product
A Scale-up Founder
- Build a high performing team and business
- Become a true leader, being comfortable in your own skin
- You know you have a tendency for burnout and want to avoid it
- Dealing with the founder’s curse. Trying to do everything yourself
- Together we create the confidence, clarity and courage to build a high performing team and business
CEO / CPO / CTO
- Become an audacious leader. Leading with confidence, clarity and courage
- Setting a bold strategy and a clear, confident, courageous plan to get there
- Working to your strengths but more importantly understanding your weaknesses and how they are holding you back
- You know you have a tendency for burnout and need to create a way to avoid it
- Dissatisfied with bland, management-consultancy-cookie-cutter “strategy”
I occasionally work with gifted VP / Group / Senior Product Managers to help supercharge their growth and promise.
- Fifteen+ years working for some of the world’s highest performing tech, FTSE100 and Fortune500 companies
- Worked with multiple start-ups from idea to MVP to seed funding, to launch, to series A, B and C to IPO and acquisition
- I have a background in Psychology: BSc in Neuroscience, MSc in Human Communication and Computing and I’ve written a book on psychology
- One of the Nicest People in Tech®, I also come with one of the nicest dogs in the industry
- Keynote speaker at leading tech conferences like Mind the Product, Business of Software and eCommerce Summit
- More on my tech, product and UX background: skills and experience
- Alongside a crazy journey as a founder, maker of some spectacular mistakes and over the last 16 year witness to some major, newspaper worthy tech screw-ups
I’ve worked with leaders and teams at the following:
Financial services: Barclaycard, Barclays, GoCompare, MoneySupermarket.com, Experian, Co-operative Bank, Natwest, Cofunds, Macquarie, Invesco Perpetual, Axa and Directline.
Travel: Marriott, theTrainline.com, Ritz Carlton, Hotels.com, Avis, Seatfrog, Virgin Trains, Saga Travel, VisitCornwall.com, First Choice, Bristol Airport, Sawdays, Gatwick Airport, Saco, HomeAway and others.
eCommerce / Retail: Shopify, giffgaff, eBay, AO.com, Dyson, VoucherCloud, Clarks, Tesco, Vodafone and Wiggle.
B2B: HotJar, Alfresco, Hyland, SSE Telecoms, SACO and more.
Automotive: SEAT, RAC, Jaguar, Peugeot, eBay motors and Lexus.
CPG / Consumer goods: Glenfiddich, Guinness, Philadelphia, Veet (yes, really), Finish dishwasher tablets, Levitra (yes, really) and many more.
Charity and Membership: Shaw Trust, Museum of Modern Art NYC, Watershed, Oxfam, Mensa and the Kennel Club.
Joe is a key player in the Mind the Product community, and through his talks, workshops, and mentoring has given hundreds of product teams the insights, confidence, and skills to create world leading digital products. – Martin Eriksson, Co-founder, Mind the Product
I have had the privilege of working with Joe for five years on various projects around the world. Over the years, he has transitioned from vendor to partner to trusted friend. He has taken time to really understand our business, our strengths/weaknesses and the global marketplace to generate actionable insights. If you need strategic thought or tactical research, anywhere in the world, Joe is your guy. – Ken Kellogg, Sr Director, Marriott
An outstanding coach and product expert. As a coach Joe was quick to understand the team, what we were trying to achieve and helped us get there. Anyone that gets a chance to work with Joe should definitely take it. – Evie Brockwell, Booking.com
He’s a very knowledgeable and engaging communicator, who clearly demonstrated the value of his thinking and how we could apply it to our product research and design. I would recommend him as a mentor or coach to any team interested in improving the rigour of their decision making process. – Neil Gardiner, Head of Product Design, gohenry