Jobs to be Done / JTBD Training Workshop
A workshop with your team on how to use Jobs to be Done to improve your website, app and product design process
A practical, hands on way to understand how make the right product choices based on user needs. You’ll learn how to attach value to what products do for customers rather than attaching value to what the products are.
What you’ll learn
Through a series of fun, practical exercises you’ll learn:
- How and why to run user research to identify the Jobs to be Done. Research techniques to identify and capture met and unmet user need.
- How to prioritise the JTBD. Which jobs to focus on first, which will have the greatest impact and which will spark real innovation. How JTBD feeds into product roadmapping.
- How to design products, experiences and features around each JTBD. How to practically translate each Job to be Done into a product feature / UI.
I’ve worked with organisations like MoneySuperMarket eBay, Disney and Marriott as well as many startups so will share my experience of researching, planning and designing successful digital products.
I am a trained, experienced and qualified school teacher so expect to be sketching, designing and applying JTBD from the very start of the workshop.
After the Workshop
You’ll be able to:
- Research using JTBD
- Advocate and evidence product changes
- Design the right thing in the right order
Come to the workshop and you’ll able to put JTBD into practice as soon as you get back to the office.
Get in touch and let’s chat about a workshop in your company.
Joe wrote the book Psychology for Designers: