Jobs to be Done / JTBD Training Workshop
A workshop with your team on how to use Jobs to be Done to improve your website, app and product design process
A practical, hands on way to understand how make the right product choices based on user needs. Use JTBD to uncover, plan and build innovative products. How JTBD can be used to advocate user centred design to senior stakeholders and unify product and marketing effort around a shared understanding of what users want to do. Perfect for product managers, UXers, business analysts and everyone planning and delivering product.
What you’ll learn
Through a series of fun, practical exercises you’ll learn:
- How and why to run user research to uncover the Jobs to be Done. Research techniques to identify and capture met and unmet user need.
- How to prioritise the Jobs to be Done. Which jobs to focus on first, which will have the greatest impact and which will deliver real innovation.
- How to design products, experiences and features around each JTBD. How to practically translate each Job to be Done into a product feature / UI via Job Stories.
- How JTBD can fit into your existing product processes (eg Agile, Design Sprints, user research) as well as the pros and cons of using JTBD.
- Use JTBD to align senior stakeholders, product teams and marketing.
- And if you are an agency / consultancy how to use JTBD to build long term client ❤.
I’ve worked with organisations like MoneySuperMarket eBay, Disney and Marriott as well as many startups so will share my experience of researching, planning and designing successful digital products.
I am a trained, experienced and qualified school teacher so expect to be sketching, designing and applying JTBD from the very start of the workshop.
After the Workshop
You’ll be able to:
- Uncover the Jobs to be Done, map them to your product and understand where there is unmet user need
- Advocate and evidence product changes across the organisation from C level executives to marketing
- Design the right thing in the right order for the right reasons
Come to the workshop and you’ll able to put JTBD into practice as soon as you get back to the office.
Get in touch and let’s chat about a workshop in your company.
Upcoming I’m running public workshops in Manchester, UK in February 2020 with Mind the Product.
Joe wrote the book Psychology for Designers: