I’m really excited to be back at FOWD NYC.
I’ll be running a workshop on Psychology for Designers.
In this workshop we’ll look at how people build models of the world around them and how we can use that knowledge to create great user experiences.
We’ll go right back to the basic psychology theories underpinning planning, decision making and perception. From there we’ll build on how users decide what to do in certain situations and why many websites fail because they don’t match the model and thus the expectation the user has for how a website or app will work. You’ll be a designer, developer or product manager interested in making your stuff better.
You’ll need to care about doing the right thing and want to understand how people think, behave and feel. No previous psychology or UX experience needed. You’ll learn to support users to do what they want and expect (and you want them) to do, improve metrics and success of your website, product or app, make your customers fall in love with your product and learn how psychology can help build a great user experience.
What You’ll Learn
- Why match design to behaviour and what goes wrong when you don’t
- The psychology theory behind how people model a task and the world around them
- The tools to understand and map the way people model a task
- How to match your design to the map/model and make it a success
- Mapping and designing the details – as it’s these that count
- Loads of little psychology tidbits that will improve a design and make you a better designer
And talking about Psychology and the Perfect Design.
Get you tickets and learn more, Future of Web Design 2014, NYC.
Leave a Reply