Workshop: Psychology for UX and Product Design
A workshop with your team on how to use psychology to improve your website, app and design process.
A practical, hands on way to understand how the human brain works and apply that knowledge to User Experience and product design. Learn the psychological principles behind how our brain makes sense of the world and apply that to product and user interface design.
I am a trained, experienced teacher so expect to be sketching, designing and applying the psychology from the very start.
What you’ll learn
Through a series of fun, practical exercises you’ll learn:
- Why you should match design to behaviour and what goes wrong when you don’t
- The psychological theory behind how people model a task
- How to match your design to the map/model and make it a success
- Mapping and designing the details using a psychological approach
- Loads of little psychology tidbits that will improve a design and make you a better designer
After the workshop
You’ll be able to:
- Design products, apps and websites that match how people think and behave
- Find, understand, evaluate and apply psychology theory to digital product design
- Make better, informed design decisions and advocate to the wider team using psychology theory
Come to the workshop and you’ll able to put psychology into practice as soon as you get back to the office.
Get in touch and let’s chat about a workshop in your company.
Joe wrote the book Psychology for Designers:
UX Workshops in your Workplace
I can come into your workplace and work with your team on how to make your digital stuff better using psychology.
I also run workshops on UX Research, IA and UX Design and well as UX Strategy and Planning. All aimed at teams looking to move beyond the concepts of UX and actually start doing it day to day.
Get in touch if you’d like to run a private workshop in your workplace or for your agency.