Workshop: Psychology for UX and Product Design
A workshop with your team on how to use psychology to improve your website, app and design process.
A practical, hands on way to understand how the human brain works and apply that knowledge to user experience and product design. Learn the psychological principles behind how our brain makes sense of the world and apply that to product and user interface design.
What you’ll learn
Through a series of fun, practical exercises you’ll learn:
- Psychology and interaction design. How to evaluate and design interactions such as onboarding, search, navigation and eCommerce using psychology.
- Psychology and user experience. Evaluating and improving digital products based on psychology. How humans perceive and understand the world around them and how to build your product around that framework.
- Psychology and the dark arts. Persuasive design, cognitive biases and other brain hacks. Do they really work and how to apply them in product design. What are the ethics of applying psychology to digital design.
I am a trained, experienced teacher so expect to be sketching, designing and applying the psychology from the very start of the workshop.
After the workshop
You’ll be able to:
- Design products, apps and websites that match how people think and behave
- Find, understand, evaluate and apply psychology theory to digital product design
- Have your own ethical framework for designing using psychology
- Make better, informed design decisions and advocate to the wider team using psychology theory
Come to the workshop and you’ll able to put psychology into practice as soon as you get back to the office.
Get in touch and let’s chat about a workshop in your company.
Upcoming I’m running public workshops in San Fransisco, USA on July 15th with Mind the Product and Freiburg, Germany in September with Smashing Magazine.
Joe wrote the book Psychology for Designers:
Workshops in your Workplace
I can come into your workplace and work with your team on how to use psychology to supercharge your product. Get in touch if you’d like to run a private workshop in your workplace or for your agency.
I also run a workshop on Jobs to be Done (JTBD) for product innovation and strategy.