Workshop: Psychology for UX and Product Design
A remote or in person workshop with your team on how to use psychology to improve your website, app and design process.
A practical, hands on way to understand how the human brain works and apply that knowledge to user experience and product design. Learn the psychological principles behind how our brain makes sense of the world and apply that to product design and create easy to use, innovative products.
We’ll look at two frameworks; one to supercharge the UI and the second to design, plan and launch innovative new features and ideas.
What you’ll learn
Through a series of fun, practical exercises you’ll learn:
- Psychology and interaction design. A framework to evaluate and design interactions such as onboarding, search, navigation and eCommerce using psychology.
- Psychology and user experience. A second framework that can help you evaluate and improve the user experience of your digital products. How humans perceive and understand the world around them and how to build innovative product around that framework.
- Psychology and the dark arts. Persuasive design, cognitive biases and other brain hacks. Do they really work? How to apply them in product design. What are the ethics of applying psychology to digital design.
I am a trained, experienced teacher so expect to be sketching, designing and applying the psychology from the very start of the workshop. I’ve been working remotely for 5 years and can deliver the workshop over 4 x 2 hour sessions to you and your team wherever you are.
After the workshop
You’ll be able to confidently:
- Design products, apps and websites that match how people think and behave
- Find, understand, evaluate and apply psychology theory to digital product design
- Have your own ethical framework for designing using psychology
- Make better, informed design decisions and advocate to the wider team using psychology theory
Come to the workshop and you’ll able to put psychology into practice as soon as you get back to your desk.
Get in touch and let’s chat about a workshop for your team.
Upcoming I’m running public workshops in San Fransisco, USA in July 2020 with Mind the Product.
Joe wrote the book Psychology for Designers:
Workshops in your Workplace / Remotely for your Team
I can come into your workplace and work with your team and together we can use psychology to supercharge your product. The workshop also works well remotely being split into 4 x 2 hour sessions using tools like Zoom and Miro to work together and in break out groups.
I can come into your workplace and work with your team on how to use psychology to supercharge your product. Get in touch if you’d like to run a private workshop for your team.
I also run a workshop on Jobs to be Done (JTBD) for product innovation and strategy.